This blog is designed to provide parents with information about children's books; mostly to help parents find books to read to their children. Since there are thousands and thousands of children's books out there, it's hard to find books that are worth while. Hopefully I'll help take the guess work out of it. I'm not an expert by any means, but I've learned a few things along the way that I think could be helpful. My hope is that over time I will build a sort of children's book database. Enjoy!







Wednesday, March 9, 2011



Maybe it's because we have Kindergarten Orientation on Friday, but I've been thinking about Miss Bindergarten Books.  This series is wonderful!  I've read it to both my oldest when he was in Kindergarten and also my Preschooler who will be embarking on Kindergarten this year.  I attribute my Preschooler learning her ABC's from reading these books to her.  

The first book in the series,  Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten follows Miss Bindergarten and her students as they get ready for the first day of Kindergarten.  Each book rhymes and all the students first names start with each letter of the alphabet, from Adam Krupp to Zachary Blair.  The illustrations are delightful and seem to have something new each time you read.  We’ve read all of the books in the series numerous times, but Miss Bindergarten never gets old!

Here are the books in the series:
Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten
Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of Kindergarten
Miss Bindergarten Stays Home From Kindergarten
Miss Bindergarten Takes a Field Trip With Kindergarten
Miss Bindergarten Plans a Circus With Kindergarten
Miss Bindergarten Has a Wild Day in Kindergarten  Definitely my Favorite of the series!
Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the Last Day of Kindergarten

No comments:

Post a Comment