This blog is designed to provide parents with information about children's books; mostly to help parents find books to read to their children. Since there are thousands and thousands of children's books out there, it's hard to find books that are worth while. Hopefully I'll help take the guess work out of it. I'm not an expert by any means, but I've learned a few things along the way that I think could be helpful. My hope is that over time I will build a sort of children's book database. Enjoy!







Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sandra Boynton


The best word to describe Sandra Boynton’s books is silly.  She’s such a fun author and illustrator; I have quite a collection of her books.  We’ve read them so much, I have them memorized and they are starting to wear out!  Her texts usually rhyme and have a catchy rhythm.   Here are some of my favs:
Moo, Baa, La La La!
Blue Hat Green Hat
Doggies
Opposites
Oh My, Oh My, Oh Dinosaurs!

Snoozers
Birthday Monsters!
Barnyard Dance!
Pajama Time!
Hey, Wake Up!
Rhinoceros Tap – A book of songs with a CD. 
Philadelphia Chickens - A book of songs with a CD.
Snuggle Puppy – This book is a sweet little song that a mother dog sings to her puppy and my kids LOVE it.  I recommend learning the song and singing it.
You can check her out at sandraboynton.com.  Even her website is silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment