This blog is designed to provide parents with information about children's books; mostly to help parents find books to read to their children. Since there are thousands and thousands of children's books out there, it's hard to find books that are worth while. Hopefully I'll help take the guess work out of it. I'm not an expert by any means, but I've learned a few things along the way that I think could be helpful. My hope is that over time I will build a sort of children's book database. Enjoy!







Friday, February 18, 2011

Fancy Nancy



I can’t get enough of Fancy Nancy!  It’s a series by Jane O’Connor about a little girl who loves being fancy!  The illustrations are adorable and I laugh over Nancy’s over the top personality.  She’s so…what’s the word?  Posh!  Plus, she uses “fancy” words and defines them, so it builds your child’s vocabulary.  This is an absolute must for any little girl!
There are many Fancy Nancy books.  I suggest starting with these:
Fancy Nancy
Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy
Fancy Nancy:  Bonjour, Butterfly!
Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique
Fancy Nancy:  Ooh La La!  It’s Beauty Spa Day!
Fancy Nancy’s Favorite Fancy Words From Accessory to Zany
Fancy Nancy:  Splendiferous Christmas

There is an “I Can Read” Series written by Jane O’Connor, but they are not illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser.  They are still worthwhile.  There are also some paperbacks that are not written by Jane O’Connor, but they stay true to the Fancy Nancy character and are great!  Most of these are holiday books.  Anything Fancy Nancy is fabulous!  For a complete list of books and even fun and games, visit the Fancy Nancy website at www.fancynancyworld.com

1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog! Macey LOVES Fancy Nancy, she is also a big fan of Olivia :-)

    ReplyDelete